Most Anticipated Books for 2010

Happy New Year!

This will be the first year in a long time that I am not making a resolution to read more. Believe me, I read plenty. I've been flipping through some of the Spring Catalogs, and I'm getting very excited about compiling a new "to-be-read" pile. Here is a list of books I am most looking forward to in 2010.


This World We Live In
By: Susan Beth Pfeffer
April 1, 2010

I was absolutely enthralled by "Life as We Knew It," the first book in this series. The writing was so fantastic, I really had to shake myself out of the story a few times.  I'm not much for a book written in journal form, but it was absolutely necessary in this case, and it came off beautifully.

I can't wait to see where the story goes, and knowing the strength of Susan Beth Pfeffer's writing, it's going to go somewhere you don't expect.






Princess of Glass
By: Jessica Day George
May 25, 2010

I have a author-crush on Jessica Day George. There hasn't been one thing she's written that I haven't loved. "Princess of the Midnight Ball" was no exception, and I'm happy to see a sequel to it.

My favorite thing about Jessica Day George is the way she crafts her characters. They are all important, and they all make up a fantastic story. I am sure this book won't disappoint.







The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner #2)
By: James Dashner
October 2010

The Maze Runner is one of my most recommended books this year. I've recommended it mostly for teenage boys and people who liked the Hunger Games. The first book ended in quite a cliffhanger, so I'll be very interested to see how the story plays out in the sequel.


The Hunger Games: Book 3
By: Suzanne Collins
August 24, 2010

Obviously that isn't the actual title or cover art, but who cares! Hunger Games and Catching Fire were the two best books I read all year. I don't think I've been as invested in a series since Harry Potter. This will be a book that I will go get at midnight if I have to.









Crescendo
By: Becca Fitzpatrick
October 2010

Hush, Hush did what I thought was not possible: Get me to read paranormal romances. There is still a lot of story left to be told, so Crescendo will definitely be one that I'm picking up this year.


Spells
By: Aprilynne Pike
May 4, 2010

I liked "Wings" enough to continue on in the series, and that's saying something for me. Plus, she's a local author for me, and I'm really a sucker for promoting them.

But, I will not read any further in the series if Laurel doesn't end up with who I want her to. And, that's a promise. :P








And, that's my list for 2010! I'm sure it will grow as I discover new authors and stories. But, it looks like a fantastic year for YA! What books are you most looking forward to this year?