Life as We Knew it by Susan Beth Pfeffer: Review

Life as We Knew It
By: Susan Beth Pfeffer

Miranda is a junior in high school. Her diary includes many of the typical worries of teenagers, friends, school, and getting a driver's license. The upcoming meteor hitting the moon seems hardly worth mentioning. However, when the event happens, causing the moon to be pushed off its axis, it becomes the forefront of her life. Earthquakes, tsunamis, and other natural disasters make everyone immediately go into survival mode.

This was the first audiobook I've ever listened to completely through. It was really harrowing. I'm not really into the diary style of writing, but for some reason this really worked for me. The characters were really great, and memorable. This book made me want to build the biggest 72-hour emergency kit ever. Even though I read this in the middle of July, I seriously felt like I needed a blanket. And, as I was making dinner, I kept thinking about rationing my food. The book definitely got me emotionally involved.

I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars.