The Stolen One by Suzanne Crowley: Review

The Stolen One
By: Suzanne Crowley
YA Fiction
After her adoptive mother passes away, Katherine Bab takes the chance to go to London to see the queen, taking her sister Anna with her. Kat leaves behind the country, and her chances of marriage to a young pear farmer. Once in London, Kat quickly becomes a part of Queen Elizabeth's inner circle.

This book came out a little less than a week ago. I was fortunate enough to get a review copy from the publisher. I have to say I really enjoyed this book.  I would compare parts of this book to "A Great and Terrible Beauty" by Libba Bray, but only the good parts. Most of the brattyness and cliquish nature of the women was left out.  The character development was really fantastic, and the book really brought to life the time period it was representing.

The only thing I can really say that I didn't like was sometimes the language was a little hard to follow. But, that ended about a quarter of the way through the book and I caught on pretty quick for the rest of it.

I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.