Read-a-Thon Finish Line

I know the read-a-thon ending on Sunday, and I'm just now getting my wrap-up post written, but life was busy the last few days.

I'd really like to thank all the kind people who stopped by my blog to give me encouragement. I read all the comments, and I was really heartened by them.

Being a mom has been an adjustment for me. I heard my friends talk about how much harder it was to do things with kids, but I didn't get it. Now I do.  I don't have time to read for hours without interruption.  There's feeding to be done, diapers to be changed, and entertainment to be provided. Of course, I wouldn't trade being a mother for anything. Every morning I get to wake up and take care of the most beautiful little girl in the world.  I can't wait until she's old enough for me to read stories to her. And then, for us to read together.  I want to be involved in what books she reads; to read and discuss them with her. To get excited about a series of books and what happens next.

So, enough gushing from me, here's my wrap-up post:

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? They were all pretty equal
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I really liked Magic Study, and I definitely recommend it for those who haven't it before
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I think it was executed beautifully!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The cheerleaders were great, and the mini-challenges were fun.
5. How many books did you read? Just one
6. What were the names of the books you read? Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
8. Which did you enjoy least?
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I'll definitely participate next time. And, my husband will be doing some babysitting so I can read a little more.

Thanks again to all those who organized this. It was wonderful!