THE DALLAS MAVERICKS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

The DALLAS MAVERICKS have won their first NBA Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The happy tears are streaming down my face, just like I knew they would. Ooooh, I'm a little emotional right now!!!

Words cannot describe how incredibly happy I am for my Mavs, for Dirk, for Kidd, for Terry, for Mark Cuban, for Don Carter...for everyone devoted to this team.

Mark Cuban--thank you. We are remarkably fortunate he is our owner. His passion and devotion to the Mavs, to the fans, and to Dallas...well, you can't put into words how much that means. He's a special, special human being.  I think just about every Mavs' fan felt the sting of tears when Mark Cuban requested the presentation of the trophy be made to Don Carter, the founder of the Dallas Mavericks.  It was an incredibly touching moment.  The tears in Mr. Carter's eyes said it all--beautiful moment.

Rick Carlisle coached a phenomenal series.

Dirk was named MVP, and rightly so. He's our humble warrior and a gift to basketball. It is a privilege to watch him play, and an absolute joy to see him as an NBA champion.

JET...it's a beautiful thing to watch him fly.

Jason Kidd finally has his championship. Amazing player!

Every single player on this team deserves ALL the credit in the world.

Tonight, the Dallas Mavericks quieted all those who refused to recognize and respect them. They showed what it means to be a champion:

hard work,
unselfish play,
overcoming adversity,
dealing with naysayers in a classy manner, 
never giving up,
standing together as one team, and
playing with the most powerful tool of all--heart.

No one gave the Mavs a chance against the Lakers. Mavs swept them.

No one gave the Mavs a chance against the Heat. Mavs beat them, winning the last 3 straight games. (Might I add, we beat them handily tonight, 105-95.  The Heat looked rather frazzled.  Did that sound a little "ha ha, in your face?" I don't mean it like that...*bats baby blues*...well, maybe a little bit).

No one thought the Mavs could win a championship. Mavs are the champions.

Let me tell y'all something...the fans BELIEVED. I believed. We never stopped.  Never. 

I'm so VERY, VERY proud of this team.

Now, if y'all will excuse me, I really must wipe the tears and go shopping--lots to buy...let's see, I need a Mavs championship t-shirt, a hat, the DVD...

WAY TO GO MAVS!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!