What is Pottermore?

Yesterday everyone was all a-buzz with the creation of a new website, Pottermore. Go ahead, click over there, I'll wait.

Okay, so now that you're back, you're just as confused as the rest of the population that has checked out the site. And you're wondering, BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

And now there is a youtube video with a countdown on JK Rowling's channel.


Here's what we know:

JK Rowling's press spokesperson has said that it will not be another book.

The Leaky Cauldron fansite has had a sneak preview, and they are calling it "breathtaking."

Here's the speculation of what Pottermore could be:
  • An announcement that the books will be available as e-books. (snooze)
  • Announcement of a new encyclopedia
  • A bigger and better website
  • Another amusement park
And then there's my favorite speculation. A MMORPG (massively multi-player online role playing game) based in Harry Potter's world. This would be something similar to World of Warcraft (which I love).

How much do I love this idea? So much. I would tell you all the reasons that there should be a Harry Potter MMORPG, but I think I'll just point you in the direction of this article at Massively. It says everything that I would have anyway.

So, what do you think that Pottermore is? What do you want it to be?