"Women Live In A Fantasy World"

Interesting. Bit chauvinistic. This came from a married man.  His wife told me of their conversation.

Here's a recap of their conversation, as relayed to me:

Wife, while watching last night's game: "Ugh, I can barely look at Favre."

Husband: "Why?"

Wife: "Why?!?! Uh, because he possibly cheated on his wife! Because he might have sent pics of his penis to some cheap girl who posed for Playboy. Because he's MARRIED!"

Husband: "Oh, that."

Wife: "What, you don't think it's a big deal?"

Husband, shrugging shoulders: "Not really."

Wife: "You think it's okay to do those things to your wife...to break your vows?"

Husband: "He just sent some pics and tried to hook up. They didn't actually hook up."

Wife: "I see, so as long as he didn't screw her, it's okay to act like an immoral slime.  No harm done, right?"

Husband: "He's a man. That's what men do."

Wife: "What if his wife had sent pics  of her privates to some guy? What if she was caught trying to hook up with some men? Is that okay, then?"

Husband: "Absolutely not. Like I said, it's a guy thing. It's different for men."

Wife: "I see. Well, this is enlightening. Wish I had known you felt this way before we married."

Husband: "Movies."

Wife: "Beg your pardon?"

Husband: "Movies distort a woman's perspective on what real life is all about. It's not a fairytale. Men don't make these overly romantic statements of love or s*&^. Women live in a fantasy world." 

Wife: "Frankly, dear, you men could learn a lot from watching one of those movies your despise so much."

Husband: "Why? What could I learn? It's all fake."

Wife: "It doesn't have to be IF men would watch and learn...you could make it a reality."

Husband: "Who would want to? It's more fun to watch you women prance around your fantasy world."

Nice, huh?  This coming from a man (one of far too many, in my opinion, I have either known or heard about) who expects women to be hairless, but never shave; have a flawless face, yet not wear makeup; have a fabulous figure, yet not need to workout; look fabulous in clothes, but not spend money; have a healthy appetite, but never gain a pound.  And WOMEN live in a fantasy world? Really?

Men like this winner could learn a great deal from a romantic film; his wife is absolutely right--men can make the romance a reality...all they have to do is try.

Personally, I think we should be entitled to watch a romantic film and hope there are actually men out there who would say, feel, and do the endearing little things portrayed on screen. How dang sad is it that men like "husband" want to make women feel like fools to even hope for the fairytale? Why is it such a stretch? I'm not settling. Why should I? Why should any of us?

I told "wife" that if she would like for me to talk with her husband about this, I'd be more than happy to; she laughed and said, "Oh, I would pay to see that! He wouldn't know how to handle you! I'd revel in it."

Stay tuned...