Breathless Reads Tour Stop: Salt Lake City

This is another post that should have been up weeks ago.  But, better late than never I always say.

This event was such a blast. I really hope that other publishing houses will consider sending their big tours to Salt Lake City, because I'm telling you, we have a huge YA following here in Utah.

This is yet another event post with no photos. I meant to take some, I really did. However, I was on babysitting detail since my husband was working, and she had a meltdown about halfway through the event.  More about that in a minute.


Brenna Yovanoff was probably the biggest surprise to me. She wrote this very harrowing, spine-chilling book, and she's super sweet and soft-spoken. And extremely fashionable.

You can read a little about the questions and answers at these blogs:

The Secret Adventures of WriterGirl
Cranberry Fries (you can even see a picture of me on this one!)
Squeaky Books

One of my favorite things about this blog is getting to work with authors. It's really a thrill to go to an event and have an author recognize who I am and thank me for what I'm doing. Those who blog know that it's really a lot of work, and sometimes a little thankless.

So, I mentioned that my sweet baby had a meltdown at the event. She waited until after the presentation thankfully, but by the time we got in the signing line she'd had enough. Plus, I had a big bag of books to get signed, and had to stand. Every one of these authors was so incredibly kind in my moment of crisis. Kirsten Miller held Abigail for a minute while I got my stuff reorganized. Beth Revis and Andrea Cremer let her sit on the table and play with the bookmarks. Ally Condie stopped what she was doing to make sure that I got my book signed and then got the heck out of there.  I don't know if any of you all will read this blog, but thanks for your help. Honestly.

Oh, and I did pick up a little something at the event for you readers. I've got a signed hardcover copy of Across the Universe by Beth Revis. It's going to be March's commenter contest prize. So watch for more details on that tomorrow!