An Exciting New Venture!

Belle Books, the publisher of my short stories, including my upcoming "Running Raw," has decided to host a regular column for Harry Potter for Writers! The first post is live today!!  Yes, I'm thrilled!!!! :-)

Are you like the millions of other fans who between the releases of Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows agonized over that gut-jarring ending? Did you scour the pages for JKR's slyly laid clues as to whose side Snape was truly on? If you did, I'm hoping I may still have found one expertly hidden gem to surprise you.

Or, if you're a writer interested in how to plot twists and mysteries into your story without showing your hand prematurely, I hope this post will offer a tip to help you along.

Either way, please check out my post, One Potent Word, and please leave comments.

BellBridgeBooks is an imprint of Belle Books, an independent, multi-genre publisher based in Memphis, TN -- a small press doing wonderful work.  Their authors include NYT bestsellers Deborah Smith and Jill Barnett, Pulitzer nominee Janice Daughatry, and Edgar winner Mark Nykanen. I've worked with BelleBooks for years on my short stories and they are wonderful to publish with -- personable, responsive, and eager to do the best for all their authors. I highly recommend that you check them out!

Here's a snippet of my post:
The end of Half-Blood Prince has been finely picked over by a rabid Harry Potter CSI team. The emotions burning through this ending surely obscured most of our views for anything less pressing than dealing with the murder of Dumbledore at the hand of his trusted confidant Snape. But clues litter the crime scene and we must push the emotion aside to uncover them.