Interview with Gail Carson Levine (Video)

Gail Carson Levine was gracious enough to do an interview with Julie and me before her signing at The King's English in Salt Lake City. We had a wonderful time at the signing and were so happy that we were able to make it up to Salt Lake for this. I'm especially grateful to the King's English Bookshop for facilitating the interview. Especially since I called them on my way up to tell them it was happening.






I hope you'll watch the interview. She has a lot to say about her books and the craft of writing. Let me know what you think in the comments. Also, if you want to be a writer, you really need to read her book Writing Magic and also check out her blog. It's fantastic.

As I was getting ready to leave after having my copies of Ella Enchanted and Fairest signed, Gail Carson Levine said that she appreciated that I didn't post reviews of books that I felt deserved less than three stars. I was so happy that she mentioned that since I got a little heat about that policy. One more thing on that subject. I will not give a book a 3-star review if I feel it deserves something less than that. It just will not be published on my blog. I believe in being honest, but above all, I don't want to hurt feelings. And I'm so glad that Gail Carson Levine noticed and appreciated that.

Next week I'm going to post two videos from her signing. She reads from her new book Fairies and the Quest for Neverland and answers a few questions, including the one burning in all our minds: Why was the movie Ella Enchanted so different from the book?

I've got about 75 books from publishers to read, but guess what? I'm going to re-read Ella Enchanted again.