Stereotype Slayer #4: Virgins Are Scared Of Sex

My undercover virgin notes reveal a pretty surprising stereotype this week. Numerous men have told me they believe the reason a woman chooses to stay a virgin has nothing to do with love or innocence, but with fear.  When I inquired further, they simply say, "Virgins are scared to have sex."

I had to think about this one for a minute. Am I scared? I mean, I'm definitely raring to go, but I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't nervous. Still, many of my sexually active friends over the years have told me they always get nervous making love with someone they truly care about. Besides, if I am truly terrified of sex, I wouldn't look forward to it so much, and I certainly wouldn't have racked up a ton of fantasies...but that's for another day.

I am scared of one thing: Getting my heart broken. Then again, who isn't afraid of having their heart ripped to shreds? 

Simply put, virgins aren't scared of sex.  We're just a happy-kind-of-nervous when it comes to being with the one we love, and that makes us no different than any other soul searching for its other half.

Stereotype #4--SLAYED.