Why Wednesday #7: Why Not Have Sex With A Friend You Love?

Because it's not the same kind of love...at least not until, and unless, it becomes more. 

Granted, I would really love for my soul mate to be my best friend--someone who knows me, someone who can read me.  Honestly, I would love for a friendship to turn into happily ever after (Jeez, I'm using this phrase way too much lately--what is that about?). 

The benefits of a friendship becoming more are clear: he knows me, I know him; he knows my quirks or flaws, I know his; there's nothing to hide and no pretending.  It's just us, pure, raw, and real.

Unfortunately, I've had a co-worker tell me it won't happen; he believes any man who wants to be my best friend just wants to get in my pants. Maybe he's right, but I would really hate to think every man feels this way...surely there are some out there in this big old world wishing for the same thing I am.

I like to call it the When Harry Met Sally wish. Who wouldn't want to spend forever with their best friend?