Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman...

...in love.

I can barely keep my internet connection with all this cruddy weather, but I had to share this movie quote I heard tonight. *Note: I know I am waaaay behind on reading everyone's blogs...I'll get caught up, I promise...when I can keep an internet connection for more than 5 minutes at a time (unnerving). 

Anyway, most of my T.V. stations were out tonight, so I watched Turner Classic Movies. I love old movies--I'm always amazed how there seems to be an endless supply of old movies I haven't seen.

Tonight, they were on a "revenge" theme...woman scorned--that kind of thing.  After The Heiress, starring Olivia de Havilland (excellent movie), they aired a film I had never even heard of: The Lady Eve, starring Barbara Stanwyck and Henry Fonda. I suppose you would call it a romantic comedy.

There was one line in particular that really had me laughing: Barbara Stanwyck, scorned and in love, decides she needs to see her true love again for reasons I won't reveal, just in case you want to see the film one day. Though her father tries to deter her, she says:

"I need him like the ax needs the turkey." Of course, Barbara delivers the line beautifully.

Classic.

What kind of ax is she? The charming kind, of course--she didn't need a blade when she had wit and grace...that turkey didn't stand a chance. The ending was adorable...and, yes, they live happily ever after. If you haven't seen The Lady Eve, definitely give it a try--it's a classic.