Cover VS Cover: Mockingjay

US//UK

As you will know if you are a regular reader of Empire of Books, I am a massive Hunger Games fan (although only recently!) and adored Mockingjay. And so what better way to kickstart Cover VS Cover as a weekly segment here on EoB than this amazing book?!

I have to say that I'm torn. I love both covers. I own the UK covers and so am more biased towards them as they're the ones I've loved and read. However, the US covers are just as brilliant. I love the blue, and the actual mockingjay. The US cover gives a sense of hope. 

I love the firey colours on the UK edition. It symbolises so many things in the trilogy, Katniss is the girl on fire after all.I love the fonts used on both editions but I like the UK one more. I think it's clever how they incorporate Katniss and Peeta into the title.And I really like the HG logo. However, sometimes I feel the UK covers are a little too cluttered. If they got rid of the quote from S. Meyer on the front, it'd be better. It's really the only thing they can cut from the cover, as it doesn't really do anything for it.

This isn't a major complaint, but one thing that annoys me is the Stephenie Meyer quotes. On the front and on the spine! The spine! That annoys me just a teeny weeny bit. I think it spoils the artwork to see a quote on the spine AND on the front. That's one reason I really like the US cover. It's so simple and yet effective.

But if it comes down to it, I just have to choose the UK cover. It's what I know and love. And it looks so amazing in the flesh.

Which do you prefer?