What If Wednesday: What If He Uses You?

Friend: What if you do all this waiting just to fall for a guy who will use you, mark a notch on his bedpost, and leave you high and dry?

Can't say I haven't thought about it.  There are plenty of men out there who would look at me as some sort of challenge or conquest--"who's gonna lay the virgin?"

Usually, I can smell a line of B.S. a mile away, but my mom worries I will come across a slick-smooth-talker.

So what do I do? I already struggle with trusting someone with my heart, but having to worry about whether or not this man is going to use me is, admittedly, a little stressful.

If I dwell on the possibility of being used, I will never open up to the possibility of finding love. That's the truth of it. Suppose I could just make him put a ring on it, which would be the ideal happy ending/happy beginning. ;) Ah, but that's a topic for another day...

For the purposes of this post, let's answer the questions: What will I do if a guy uses me? Will I let him break me? Will I fall apart? Will I live with regret?

If a man does chose to use me, and I fall blindly victim to his antics, then shame on him.  He will have to live with it and face a higher justice one day.  Remember the golden rule? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Will I let him break me or fall apart: Unequivocally, no. He may wound my heart, but he will never break me; all I need to do is look at everything my ancestors had to endure and overcome to survive...a broken heart will not break my soul.

Will I live with regret: Honestly, I can't answer this one. I would hope not...

What do you think? Are most men just in it for the conquest?