Cookie Confidential

I'm a holiday nut--I love everything about the holidays, from the music to the movies and everything in between.

I've pretty much been in the Christmas spirit since Halloween. But, last night, something happened. Out of nowhere, I felt giddy. Yes, I said giddy.

Said giddiness was followed by several instances of spontaneous giggling. It was quite alarming, but undeniably enjoyable.

I've lost some pretty decent poundage recently. Heck, even my skinny-can't-miss-the-tush jeans are a little roomy. Reckon it's due to all the stress and worry about my mom. So, at 2:00 a.m., I decided to work on getting those pounds back...in the form of Christmas cookies.

I indulged in 2 frosted sugar cookies, 1 little iced star cookie, and 1 reddish-pink, chocolate-filled leaf-shaped cookie.

Gawd, they were so good...until...

...major stomach issues. I honestly didn't think 4 little 'ole cookies would upset my tummy, but Mama always taught me to never eat sweets late at night or on an empty stomach. Did I listen? Nah. It's Christmas, I'm giddy, giggly, and single, and I'm gonna eat cookies like Santa. My brilliant giddiness lead to the next phase of the early morning hours...

...a new indulgence involving a Dramamine and Pepto Bismol.

Still, I don't regret it...the cookies were so yummy! Next time, I'll make sure I eat them after a proper meal. Live and learn, right?

Jingle Bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way....la la la la  la la la...