End of 2010 Survey!

Since I didn't do a top 10 post for this year, or really anything to wrap up the year, I figured that participating in The Perpetual Page-Turner's End of Year Survey was just as good as anything else! :)

1. Best book of 2010?  Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I devoured this book.

2. Worst book of 2010? Perhaps Fade by Lisa McMann. I don't know that I'm a very good judge of BAD books.

3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010? Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. I was expecting something spectacular and just felt like it was a very long, kind of blah book.

4. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2010? Folly by Marthe Jocelyn. I never really thought that I was into historical fiction. But, this and other similar books helped me realize that I love a very well-done historical fiction novel.

5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010? The Hunger Games definitely. I push that book on everyone.  I also recommend The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale a lot.

6. Best series you discovered in 2010? The Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima. It's a fantastic epic fantasy for young adult readers. My husband and I loved The Demon King and The Exiled Queen, and can't wait for the next installment!

7. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2010? Leah Cypess (she is so fantastically nice and awesome), Cinda Williams Chima (as mentioned above), and Kiersten White.

8. Most hilarious read of 2010? I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter blew me away with the funny dialogue.

9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010?  Mockingjay. I had to know how it all ended!

10. Book you most anticipated in 2010? Mockingjay, again. I also really wanted Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George.


11. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010? I loved the cover for Matched. Very clean and simple yet striking.



12. Most memorable character in 2010? Katniss from Mockingjay. And Sydelle from Brightly Woven

13. Most beautifully written book in 2010? Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier. I know this book wasn't written in 2010, but I read it in 2010. It was recommended to me by Angie, who is my go-to gal on well-written books.

14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010?   Folly by Marthe Jocelyn and pretty much every book I read, whether good or bad.

15. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read? Nothing is really coming to mind on that one. I read a lot of newer books this year.

 Book Blogging in 2010 (optional)

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2010? Forever Young Adult. I read through every single one of their posts because they are so darn hilarious!

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2010? I wrote a review with my friend Julie on Paranormalcy that was a lot of fun. (link)


3. Best discussion you had on your blog? I started a series called Blogger Confidential. (Which will start up again in the new year). I really liked the discussion on what to do when you don't like a book by an author you love. I had a lot of great comments on that. (link)

4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog? Angie from Angieville had a great post on required reading that I participated in. Very interesting topic. (link)


5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)? Armchair BEA was really fantastic. It was really spur of the moment, but I had a lot of fun meeting other bloggers and writing some great posts.

But, I also got an opportunity to do a live interview with Scott Westerfeld which was awesome! I am working on the video and it will be posted next week.

6. Best moment of book blogging in 2010? Every moment was great. Seriously, I've loved it all.

7. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.) ? Probably NetGalley and Edelweiss. They are great resources for discovering new titles.