Reason For The Previous Post...

Okay, so, I wrote the last post at an unholy hour. Couldn't sleep.

Let me make a couple clarifications:

1. The idea of perfection wasn't even on my mind when I wrote the post. I'm a little sensitive to the whole "seeking perfection" thing and here's why: when I've told friends that I simply want to find a man who tells the truth, a man I can trust without reservation, a man who will love unconditionally, they tell me I'm "seeking perfection" and I need to lower my standards. So, I should either compromise on trust, give up on honesty, or wave bye-bye to true love? Friends say you can't have them all.

Since when did the expectation or hope for trust, honesty, and love equal seeking some nonexistent creature of this fictitious notion called perfection? I mean, those things are the cornerstones of basic human decency. That's what the song is about--trust, honesty, love--principles we are taught at a very young age. If our world has become so jaded that even the purest of concepts have transformed into some imaginary being, then I want no part of what's out there.

2. Mr. Bo Tangles contributed in part to the last post. There is no real way to lean into this rather harsh statement, other than just tossing it out there...

"I didn't mean to scare you away. I understand how you must be very delicate. But, you should know...if you are waiting for a man who is going to wait for you because he loves you, it's not going to happen. All the man wants to do is be the one to get you into bed. He may say he loves you, but you won't really know until after you've had sex. If he sticks around, then he might be contemplating love. If not, then he doesn't. The world revolves around sex. You want to find your soul mate? Sleep around."

This, for the most part, is what got me thinking late into the night. Then, of course, I popped in one of my Keith Urban CDs and heard this song; it had been such a long time since I heard it and the words got to me.

So, there it is--nothing to do with perfection...everything to do with being a decent person.