Reading Room Review

Bloggiesta Wrap-Up and Changes

I've made some minor changes to some things around the blog this weekend. You may or may not notice it, but I wanted to bring a few things to your attention.
  • Starting this week, the format of reviews is changing.  I am going to begin including the publisher information and page count.  Also, I will have links to each author's twitter, website, and/or facebook page.  This will allow you to connect more with authors that you are interested in.
  • As well as adding new information to reviews, I will be changing a little of the way they look. I am hoping the new changes will make them more aesthetically pleasing.
  • I've been able to get my email inbox situation under control.  I plan to reply more to your comments whenever I'm able.  If you are using a blogger account, I suggest you enable your email so that I can reply directly to your comments. (link to tutorial on Housewife Eclectic). If your email is enabled, there is a very good chance you'll get a reply from me on your fantastic comments.
  • A look back at my history of posts revealed that I am becoming quite stale in my content (at least in my opinion). So, in the coming months, I will be adding more discussion posts, author interviews, and guest posts. In fact, if you are interested in doing a guest post, send me an email.
  • Want to see a full list of what I did (and didn't) accomplish? Check out my first bloggiesta post.
In My Mailbox

Okay, I haven't done one of these forever, and if I listed all the books that I've acquired since November, this would be the longest post ever. So, I'm sticking to the books that I've received in the last couple weeks.

For Review:

Vesper by Jeff Sampson

Enclave by Ann Aguirre (I was so happy when I got a pitch for this one. I've been on the lookout for it since I first heard about it a year ago. It had a different name and title back then. Can't wait to dive into it.)

From Paperback Swap:

Gone by Michael Grant (This book really looks fantastic, but I think the page count is freaking me out. It's a massive book, even in paperback.)

From Library Book Sale:

On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder (Who didn't want to be a frontier girl after reading these books?)

Tangled by Carolyn Mackler

Fablehaven by Brandon Mull

The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale (The only book of hers that I haven't read).

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Rebel Angels by Libba Bray

The Giver by Lois Lowry

The Sea of Trolls by Nancy Farmer

Dragon's Milk by Susan Fletcher

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor

Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson

Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper

Purchased:

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (I HAD to have the shiny cover) 

Across the Universe by Beth Revis (I immediately switched the cover to the blueprint one. My husband approved)

If you've made it this far in this post, bravo. Sorry it was kind of dry, but I figured I may as well get it all over with in one post rather than dragging it out through several.  Thank you as always for reading. You guys rock!