Icy Thrones, Stubborn Showers, and One Mavs Loss

It all started with the Mavs loss last night. Something about that loss unleashed a series of rather unfortunate events.

First, a sinus attack decided to kidnap my nose's sanity and will not let go. Seriously, where does it all come from? How can one little nose produce that much havoc? I look like Rudolph. I swear, the dang thing is glowing. Hurts like heck, too--raw little s.o.b.

Somewhere between "I want to rip off my nose" and wanting to shove Kleenex in both nostrils, I got up to use the restroom--my water intake has been significant. Upon entering the bathroom, I heard an unsettling sound.

Drip, drip, drip.

Crap. A leak.

Where?

Drip, drip, drip.

Where are you, you little brat?

I couldn't find it, so I decided to go about usual bathroom business.

Drip, drip....ARGH!

I discovered the ice-cold devil-drip while in a rather compromising position, which I had to endure until I could get in a more appropriate stance to investigate.

Found the leak. Outside my bathroom window was a grouping of massive icicles, which means...ice dam. Wonderful. **Note: All fixed now...the guys came by and knocked down the icicles--it hasn't dripped since. So, here's hoping.**

Shower time: Ever been stuck in the shower...literally? I can now add this to my list of unwanted experiences. After showering, I pushed on the door, only to find it stuck. IT WOULD NOT OPEN. I didn't know what to do. I was quite literally stuck, in my birthday suit, in the shower. After unsuccessfully attempting to shoulder-slam the shower door (I don't recommend it), I stood, poised to karate kick the stupid thing down.

Just as I was about land the kick, the door popped open; it shocked the crud outta me...so much so, in fact, that I stupidly stumbled over the step, flew out of the shower, lost my footing, and rammed into the counter. Dang door. I'm thinking I won't close it all the way from now on.

Mavs, I really need you to win.

Happy Friday!