Austenland: Review

Austenland
By: Shannon Hale
Adult Fiction

In Jane Haye's mind, no man could live up to Mr. Darcy, especially not Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy in the BBC adaptation. So, when her Great-Aunt leaves her a vacation to Pembrook, sort of an Austen-Disneyland for wealthy vacationers, she is forced to confront her obsession. At first she looks at the experience as a last hurray before getting on with her life. But, it's harder to separate reality from fiction than Jane had anticipated.

This book is very different from Shannon Hale's other books. This is definitely meant for adults. Adult females. Adult females who love Jane Austen. Adult females who love Jane Austen and Mr. Darcy. It's really a charming book. (If I can use that word). I know that at times in my life I've really been able to relate to Jane. And I found myself thinking that this Pembrook place would be kind of fun. Sometimes the characters were a little blurred, but the book was always fast-paced and fun.

I gave this book 4 stars out of 5.