The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman: Review

The Graveyard Bookthe graveyard book cover art
 The Graveyard Book
By: Neil Gaiman
Young Adult Fiction

 Nobody Owens didn't grow up like most children. He's the only living person that has a permanent residence at the graveyard. Being raised by ghosts and his guardian, Silas Reynolds, "Bod" learns about the graveyard and the ancient practices of the ghosts while also uncovering his past.

Okay, so maybe I was a little slow on the uptake on this one. I didn't realize until after I'd finished the book that this is basically the "Jungle Book" retold with a graveyard instead of the jungle. After I knew that fact, the whole book really clicked for me and I really liked it. I enjoyed the characters and the storyline while I was reading it, but I didn't really get the point of it until after. However, the illustrations in the book were fantastic, and this book is perfect for the reader that likes their stories to be just a little bit dark and quirky.